(take me back).
Ever seen chickens in attack mode?
Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the fandango?
A small glass and then to bed.
" Thought can never capture the movement of life, it is much too slow. "
~~ U.G. Krishnamurti, Mind is a Myth
Nice idea but the opposite is true.
WikiLeaks has been financially blockaded without process for 887 days.Julian Assange has been detained without charge for 884 days. - 322 days at the Ecuadorian Embassy. Bradley Manning has been in prison without trial for 1079 days. Jeremy Hammond has been in prison without trial for 430 days. A secret Grand Jury on WikiLeaks has been active for 964 days
WikiLeaks Party News:
- WikiLeaks released 45,985 Stratfor emails on Ukraine.
- Niti Central has a page dedicated to revelations about India from WikiLeaks cables researched by Sachin Dixit.
- WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson will give the keynote presentation at the Fighting for Transparency conference held at the University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland on May 24.
- The Support Assange & WikiLeaks Coalition will hold a fundraising trivia night for WikiLeaks, June 29 at the Gaelic Club in Surry Hills. The event will also be livestreamed and interactive online.
Julian Assange News:
- The WikiLeaks Party published its first news update, which discusses fundraising, an update from campaign director Greg Barns, recent polling, volunteers, and frequently asked questions.
- CBC Radio program As It Happens interviewed Chris Hedges about his recent visit with Julian Assange. Mr Hedges wrote a long article on WikiLeaks, Mr Assange, and Bradley Manning for Truthdig.
Bradley Manning News:
- Bradley Manning had a short pretrial hearing today in which two rulings were given: one accepting the Government’s request to have alleged Navy SEAL “John Doe” testify in a completely closed hearing, and the other allowing classified testimony of three others.
- Firedoglake’s Kevin Gosztola wrote about the secret pretrial hearing to be held tomorrow and how it is a preview of the immense secrecy to come during his trial.
A few people have tweeted about receiving subpoenas to testify during Bradley Manning’s trial, including Zinnia Jones
and Col. Morris Davis
. Ms Jones posted her subpoena
(referred to Zachary Antolak in the document) which shows that PFC Manning’s trial is expected to last 12 to 16 weeks and include over 150 witnesses.Jesselyn Radack of the Government Accountability Project appeared on RT
to discuss the unprecedented secrecy in Bradley Manning’s trial. Fashion designer Vivienne Westwood wore a photo
of Bradley Manning at the Met Gala, but was cut-off by Vogue
while explaining her support for the alleged WikiLeaks whistleblower.Dale Cooper wrote an op-ed
on the coming out of NBA player Jason Collins and the controversy over SF Pride rescinding Bradley Manning as grand marshal. He discusses his belief that PFC Manning’s story should have received just as much media coverage as Mr Collins.
Julian Assange is not currently detained at all.
Assange has “taken refuge” in a foreign embassy.
The idea that embassies are “foreign soil” is a myth. Julian could be arrested and deported to Sweden any time the UK authorities choose.
Julian may or may not be guilty of “rape” (in Swedish terms) but he is certainly guilty of taking your anonymous and freely given Wikileaks whistle information and selling it to the highest bidder. This is possibly why Bradley (possibly) will be in jail for ever.